Award of Fellowship
Advertisment No. 1/2019-20
AWARD OF FELLOWSHIPS - 2019
1. The IIAS invites applications for award of Fellowships for advanced research in the following areas:
(a) Social, Political and Economic Philosophy;
(b) Comparative Indian Literature (including Ancient, Medieval, Modern Folk and Tribal);
(c) Comparative Studies in Philosophy and Religion;
(d) Comparative Studies in History (including Historiography and Philosophy of History);
(e) Education, Culture, Arts including performing Arts and Crafts;
(f) Fundamental Concepts and Problems of Logic and Mathematics;
(g) Fundamental Concepts and Problems of Natural and Life Sciences;
(h) Studies in Environment;
(i) Indian Civilization in the context of Asian Neighbours; and
(j) Problems of Contemporary India in the context of National Integration and Nation-building.
The following topics may receive special attention:
(a) Theme of Indian Unity in Diversity;
(b) Integrality of Indian Consciousness;
(c) Philosophy of education in the Indian Perspective;
(d) Advanced Concepts in Natural Sciences and their Philosophical Implications;
(e) Indian and Asian Contribution to the Synthesis of Science and Spirituality;
(f) Indian and Human Unity;
(g) A Companion to Indian Literature;
(h) A Comparative Study of Indian Epics; and
(i) Human environment.
While applications are to be made in the official languages of the Union, Hindi and English, scholars can pursue and write research in these or any of the languages listed in the Schedule VIII of the Indian Constitution. Applications are invited from all parts and regions of the country, as well as from abroad.
2. Since the Institute is committed to Advanced Study, proposals involving empirical work with data collection and fieldwork would not be considered.
3. Scholars belonging to the weaker section of society and those who are differently abled/physically challenged will be given due consideration.
4. The Institute would evaluate and consider for publication or co-publication the monographs of the Fellows submitted on completion of their term. The Institute will have the first right of publication and will share the copyright of the monograph submitted by the Fellow.
5. The term of Fellowship would be for minimum of six months and maximum of two years, but in no case will be extend beyond two years.
6. The prescribed application form can be downloaded from the website: www.iias.ac.in. The application on the prescribed form may be sent to the Secretary, Indian Institute of Advanced Study, Shimla - 171005. Only applications in the prescribed application form would be considered by the Institute.
7. Fellows would be expected to remain in residence from 1st March to 15th December. Their stay at the Institute during the winter months would be optional. They may proceed on Study Tours during this period.
8. The pay of in-service Fellows would be protected. In addition, they will also get 20 per cent of their basic pay in case they are maintaining a separate house at the place of their work, other than government accommodation. The Fellowship grant for Fellows who are independent scholars is Rs. 56,400 per month (consolidated).
9. The Institute provides hard furnished rent free accommodation to Fellows in cottages on the Rashtrapati Nivas Estate. In addition, scholars will be provided a personal fully furnished study (which may be on sharing basis) with computer and Internet facilities. Bedding will be available on nominal rent.
10. The Fellows will have access to Institute's vehicles for local travel on payment of nominal charges.
11. Fellows are entitled to medical facility at the dispensary of the Institute.
12. It is mandatory for in-service candidates to apply through proper channel.
13. Fellowship applications of scholars who have been a Fellow of the Institute within a period of last five years will not be considered.
The selection would be over within the six months. For further details contact on the email - email@example.com and may be contacted over phone on 0177-2831389.
>> How To Apply